Photo Credit: ONA
Business

Trump’s ‘Peace Council’ pledges $5 billion for Gaza

US President Donald Trump has announced that the newly formed “Peace Council” will unveil a sweeping humanitarian and reconstruction package for Gaza.

Washington: In a post shared on his platform Truth Social, President Trump said that on February 19, 2026, he will rejoin members of the Peace Council to announce that participating countries have pledged more than $5 billion to support humanitarian assistance and the reconstruction of Gaza.

According to the President, member states have also committed thousands of personnel to an International Stabilization Force and police units aimed at maintaining security and peace for the people of Gaza.

“This marks a turning point for the future of Gaza,” President Trump said, describing the initiative as a significant step toward long-term stability and recovery in the region.

The upcoming session in Washington will be the first official meeting of the Peace Council, which was launched by President Trump on January 22. The founding charter was signed during a ceremony held on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

More than 20 countries have joined the Peace Council so far, signaling broad international participation in the effort to support Gaza’s humanitarian needs and future reconstruction.

Jadke, Peers become first duo in 37 years to retain Australian Open title

Indian Super League to kick off on February 14

Lionel Messi lands in Mumbai, set for celebrity match and charity show

In Pictures: India trains for a comeback in the T20I series against South Africa

India crush South Africa by 101 runs as Hardik, Varun and Bumrah steal the spotlight in T20I opener